What is the Annual Meeting?
The Scoliosis Research Society's Annual Meeting is a form for the realization of the Society's mission and goals, the improvement of patient care for those with spinal deformities. Presentations at the Annual Meeting are given by leading experts in the field and have value for health care professionals who treat spinal deformities at all levels and in all ages. Four-minute Abstracts will be presented on an array of topics, including adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, growing spine, kyphosis, adult deformity, trauma, neuromuscular scoliosis and tumors.
What is the appropriate attire for the meeting?
Business casual attire (collared shirts, and jeans or khakis) is appropriate for Annual Meeting sessions. Cocktail attire is recommended for the Farewell Reception on Friday evening.
Who can attend the Annual Meeting?
Presentations at the Annual Meeting will have value for physicians and allied health personnel who treat spinal deformities at all levels and patients of all ages. Medical students, residents, fellows, and researchers with an interest in spinal deformities will also benefit from the materials presented.
What language is spoken at the Annual Meeting?
Presentations and meeting materials will be provided in English.
Where is the Annual Meeting?
The 58th Annual Meeting will be held at the Hyatt Regency Seattle in Seattle, Washington, USA.
What is the deadline to submit an abstract?
Abstract submission in now closed. Please see the Abstracts tab for more information.
How do I register for the Annual Meeting?
Registration for the 58th Annual Meeting will open on May 2nd, 2023. Registering during the Advanced Registration period is encouraged. Please view the Registration Page for registration options and rates.
How long will registration be open?
Advanced registration for the 58th Annual Meeting will close on August 10, 2023 (on-site registration will be available beginning September 5, 2023)
What is included in my Registration?
for participation at the meeting in Seattle, Washington, USA,
- Entrance to all general and concurrent sessions
- Admission to the industry workshops
- Meeting materials
- Refreshment breaks and lunch
- Welcome Reception & Opening Ceremonies
- Certificate of attendance and CME credits
- Meeting app with ARS capabilities for an interactive meeting experience
How do I receive the reduced resident/fellow/medical student registration rate?
To register as a resident, fellow or medical student you will need to select "Other" when you are asked what is your specialty/ practice during the online registration process. Selecting "Other" will allow you to receive the reduced resident/fellow/medical student registration rate.
How do I receive the Reduced Rate Country Registration rate?
Individuals residing in the countries listed at the link above qualify for reduced registration rates. When registering online, delegates will automatically be placed in the correct registration class based on the details collected during sign-in process.
Can I pay for my registration by Wire Transfer?
Please contact SRS at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on payment options.
How do I register multiple people for the Annual Meeting?
For information on registering a group of five (5) individuals or more, please email SRS at email@example.com.
How do I obtain an invitation letter to attend the Annual Meeting in-person?
Only participants registered for the in-person meeting can obtain a personal invitation letter. Individuals that require an invitation letter to obtain a visa in order to attend the meeting must:
- Register for the in-person meeting.
- Request a Letter of Invitation by emailing the information below to the SRS Meetings Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full Name and Designation
- Passport Number (only if required)
SRS cannot assist participants with the visa application process and cannot intervene with embassies or consulates on behalf of participants. The letter of invitation does not financially obligate the Scoliosis Research Society in any way. Please see the Travel page for more information on invitation letters to obtain a visa.
What is the meeting registration cancellation and refund policy?
Full refunds, less a 10% processing fee, will be granted for the cancellation meeting registrations until August 10, 2023. No refunds will be granted after August 10, 2023. Cancellation and refund requests should be sent in writing via email to email@example.com or faxed to 414-276-3349. Delegates will receive a confirmation and refund within 14 days of receipt of their cancellation notice.
Where is the headquarters Hotel?
The headquarters hotel and meeting venue is the Hyatt Regency Seattle, located at 808 Howell Street, Seattle, WA 98101.
Where do I reserve housing? What is the room rate?
Please visit the Housing tab of this website for information about the headquarter hotel, room rates, and to reserve a room within the SRS hotel block.
How do I get my CME Certificate
To claim CME and download attendance certificates, go to the CME webpage and sign in with your last (family) name and your SRS ID#. You will need to indicate the sessions you attended and then a PDF certificate will be generated for you to download and print. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All affiliate function requests need to be submitted online. Submit an online Affiliate Space Request Form.
Once approved, SRS will handle all space requests on a first-come, first-served basis. All requests must go through the online approval process before space will be granted.
Please remember the following guidelines when requesting space for an affiliate function:
- No entertainment functions, meetings, courses or social functions involving surgeon delegates may be scheduled to conflict with SRS meeting program hours, activity hours, exhibit hours or social events. Internal corporate meetings involving supporter or affiliate organization staff only are exempt from this limitation.
- Entertainment and social functions must be in good taste and conform to the purpose of the meeting, as well as complying with all AdvaMed guidelines governing interaction with physicians.
- SRS should be notified in writing of any special activities (whether entertainment, education or promotional in nature) planned by an affiliated company for the period during which SRS meeting function occur.
- Announcements and invitations addressed to members of the medical profession concerning such industry events should clearly indicate the name of the corporate support and must in no manner imply directly or indirectly that the event is part of, or an official activity of, SRS.
- Attendee lists provided by SRS to Corporate Supporters, either as part of the Benefits of Support outlined in the Corporate Support Program are intended for a one-time, meeting-related use only. All announcements and invitations addressed to SRS meeting delegates should be pre-approved by SRS.
- Company is responsible for ordering F&B and/or AV needs for affiliate space. Company is responsible for all expenses and billing will be handled directly between the company and hotel.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Scoliosis Research Society
555 E. Wells Street, Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202